eclipse Venue Services is a leading regional, multi-disciplined provider of high quality, cutting-edge event technology to the hotel and venue market, and we passionately believe that our people are the key to our success.
Winning Employer of the year 2015 and 2016, our employees enjoy a casual and friendly work environment, clear opportunities for development, and attractive and competitive salary packages and benefits.
If you are interested in joining our fast-growing team of professionals, please email us your CV and a covering letter by clicking 'Apply now' next to the role that best suits your qualifications and experience.
If you have any questions or queries, please get in touch with our HR department.
We look forward to welcoming you to our team!
The Senior Technician prepares, sets up, installs, and/or operates video equipment for events, working to achieve the highest standard of service and equipment quality. He/She, with a proven in-depth technical knowledge and experience, should demonstrate advanced team leadership and client-facing skills and an ability to manage a project with minimal supervision.
Required Education and/or Qualifications:
- Associate's degree or relevant years of experience
- Competency in using MS Office applications
- Strong written and spoken English
- Minimum 4 years of experience working in the specialised field within the events and event technology industry and operating for shows
- Knowledge of reading and understanding technical plans
- Strong understanding of safety and HSE guidelines/working at height safe practice
- Proven leadership qualities with at least 2 years of practical experience
- Ability to run shows of all sizes and manage a small team of technicians in the set-up and operation of large-scale events
- Advanced knowledge of all video equipment and ability to provide technical advice
- Advanced fault-finding skills in the video discipline
- Good understanding of an asset and resource management system
- Advanced understanding of all video formats and signals types, video equipment projection and set-ups, switching, media servers, camera systems and signal distribution
- Advanced knowledge of projection calculations including multi-projector line-ups and blend calculations for large screen set-ups, and the ability to work out power calculations and weight loads for video equipment being flown on events
- Advanced knowledge of LED screen construction and programming, and the ability to create video schematics for the set-up of video systems